Chicago food aficionados have spoken. Sticky Toffee Pudding from Sticky Toffee Pudding Company was voted Chicago’s City Choice in a contest at the foodspring.com Specialty Food Pavilion at Chicago Gourmet.
The winner, a warm cake-based dessert made with dates and buttery toffee sauce, received the most votes during two days of tastings and voting at a food festival this fall. The Chicago contest was extremely close with Sticky Toffee Pudding winning by a single vote, besting Almond Toffee from Amy E’s Bakery. Third place honors went to Dave’s Gourmet for Masala Marinara pasta sauce. Apparently Chicago is a Toffee kinda town.
Other sofi Gold Winners in the Chicago City Choice contest were:
• Beth-El Food Ltd. – Aunt Berta’s Apricot Preserves
• Brands of Britain – Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
• Dulcet Cuisine – Mild Indian Curry Ketchup
• Effie’s Homemade – Effie’s Oatcakes
• Fischer & Wieser Specialty Foods – Mom’s Spaghetti Sauce
• FoodMatch, Inc. – Dalmatia Fig Spread
• Kitchen Table Bakers – Rosemary Parmesan Crisp
• Lucero Olive Oil – Peach Balsamic Vinegar
• Lucini Italia – Delicate Cucumber & Shallot Artisan Vinaigrette
• Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats – Applewood Smoked Bacon
• Nutorious – Cranberry Orango Tango
• Poco Dolce – Sesame Toffee Tiles
• Royal Pacific Foods – The Ginger People – The Ginger People Product Line
• Simply Delish – Simply Delish Chunky Dip: Sweet Chili
• Sonoma Syrup Co. – Extract Gift Set
• Source Atlantique – If You Care FSC Certified Firelighters
• The Lazy Dog Cookie Co. – The Original Pup-PIE – Happy Birthday
The NASFT is a not-for-profit trade association established in 1952 to foster commerce and interest in the specialty food industry. Today there are more than 2,900 members in the U.S. and abroad. The NASFT’s website for consumers, www.foodspring.com provides an insider’s look at specialty foods and the companies, entrepreneurs and artisans behind them.
Leave a Comment
Bite of the Best encourages our readers to comment on and review any products that we write about. Please express your opinions in a mature and civil tone of voice. We will not post rude or otherwise inappropriate material on Bite of the Best. We look forward to your comments and reviews!